It took Chris 28 hours to get here and I can't imagine doing that with a 2 year old. I was lucky enough to be able to fly out with my girls and mother-in-law. The flight went amazingly well. No major meltdowns or blow-outs. We were so excited to see Daddy. It felt like we were on a movie because it was exactly like that..the dramatic reuniting...great big hugs and kisses. It is so true that distance makes the heart grow fonder. The humidity was pretty obvious as we got off the plane and the drive to our house was crazy. I felt like a chicken with my head cut off as Chris cruised around like he'd been here forever. The roads here are horrible. You have to constantly keep your eyes on the road so you don't hit a big pothole or random bump. Pretty sure our car could use some new shocks...It was such a crazy feeling coming home to our house. It felt like home but just in the wrong state! I immediately loved everything about it. It is perfect for our little family. The view however looks like this...

This is off our back porch. Don't mind the over-grown shrubs that need a major trim. Trees Trees and more TREES!!! It is beautiful but so hard not being able to see very far. Oh how I miss that. Too bad we can't have both.

Family photo op.
We got here just in time for Chris' White Coat Ceremony.

Here is Chris' class...all 70 of them. The crazy thing is, is that a Caucasian male was actually the minority! About half are girls and the other 1/4 are orientals or something like that.

The Dean. The ceremony was kind of cheesy but really cool at the same time.

Sophie was not very happy when she realized that she didn't get a 'White Coat' so we told her she could share daddy's.
My mother in law stayed the next week and helped me unpack everything while I recovered and took care of the kids. We switched off a few times when there were things I needed to do. It was so much fun and very helpful having her here. I probably still wouldn't be unpacked if it weren't for her! We were sad to see her go. That's when I realized we were on our own.
No comments:
Post a Comment