Monday, September 12, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

To start off our Labor Day weekend we went out on a date and then invited some friends over to play games. The next day we packed up some snacks and lunch and headed out to the GEAUGA county fair. (they have the strangest names of places out here and they aren't pronounced like you would think) It was so nice to get out in the 'country' even though it is nothing like UT. They had horse racing, rides, venders, and all the animals and normal entries you would see. We saw a lot of Amish people which I thought was kind of interesting, much better than all the other people with missing teeth and smoking...and for once we weren't the minority! haha I don't mind it at all but it is nice for a change. It was soooo hot and humid. We all had bright red faces to show for it...which is why I only took a picture of Sophie. They had a lot of different breeds of animals I'd never seen before. Like goats with no ears and this cute bunny that looked like a puppy.











































To end the holiday weekend we had a bonfire with some friends. I never imagined it would have been so difficult to find someplace we could have an open fire! We checked the beaches, campgrounds, and every other place you can imagine. Finally a ward member remembered there was a fire pit by our church! We were so excited to go roast some hotdogs and smores. We will definitely have to do this again.

No comments: