Friday, September 2, 2011

August

This last month was sure busy between moving in and getting to know a new area and life with 2 kids. The dental school has also had a few opening socials which have been fun to get to know more people. We have met and made a lot of great friends. We have enjoyed dinners, games, movies, parks, and walks together. There is an awesome little support group out here. Everyone is so helpful and understanding. We really like our little adventure. It's always entertaining when you go out shopping with the different cultures. As you can see Sophie still loves Lila...a little too much sometimes. It's a good thing Lila is a trooper. I am constantly telling Soph to let her sleep and leave her alone.

Sophie is reading to Lila again...She made sure Lila had some toys and blanket. Bless her little heart, she couldn't figure out why Lila was crying.

These girls are seriously so much fun!
Yes she still sleeps a lot!
Our previous owners left this house and a swing for us. Sophie makes me food all the time and serves it out the windows. The only bad part about it is all the spiders that like to live in there too! So we have to clear them all out before we play.

Soph is quite the organizer. I find her all the time organizing something. From diapers all lined up on the floor, to easter eggs with their pair, to my glass jars and their lids. She is little miss perfectionist!

We have quite the rodent population here. You can almost always see a squirrel running around on the trees, telephone wires, or garage roof. Then there are chipmunks running around on the grass. I never knew they made tunnels underground. Those little guys have left us several holes in our grass. And last but not least...rockchucks or goundhogs as they call them out here. We found this one trying to get under our garage so Chris trapped it.

It has been so much fun getting to know new people. We have a lot of great friends out here and plenty to keep us busy.

2 comments:

Levi and Kelsey said...

You were right, Lila is getting chunky! so adorable! Every time I look at your blog it makes me miss you guys even more! Love you guys!

Matt And Robin said...

Oh My HEAVENS TO BETSY!!! I am still laughing at these pics of Lila. I could just die looking at those darling cheekers and those dark brown curls. OH - I want to munch on her so badly. :) We miss you guys SO MUCH. I just showed the pics to Brynn and she said PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can we go to Sophie's house? I told her we would have to drive for DAYS and she said it's ok... :)