Sophie is such a big helper she wanted to "work and clean" with her dad to get ready for Lila to come home.
The night before I delivered aka my last prego pic!!
I was set up to be induced on Wednesday July 13 because my Dr. was leaving town and let's be honest, who wouldn't want to deliver a week earlier?? Lila finally arrived and weighed in at 7 lbs 8 oz and 20 inches long. Here is the classic family photo...Sophie wasn't able to come down until the next day so we missed her.
I have a feeling she liked to suck on her hands a lot because she found them pretty quickly.
We had a couple scares with her breathing while nursing so she had to stay in the NICU to be monitored until today. I don't know how those poor parents do it having to leave their babies in there for weeks and months. It was hard enough for 3 days! Lila is perfectly healthy now and dong great!
The poor thing had to be hooked up to 3 heart monitors, an oxygen monitor on her foot and an IV every 12 hours to get antibiotics in case she caught an infection. It just broke my heart.
My awesome sister in law Robin kept Sophie for us for a couple days while we were in the hospital. She brought Soph back all decked out and ready in her big sister shirt but since Lila was in the NICU she wasn't able to see her. She couldn't understand why, which made it even harder to explain to her.
We finally got the OK and so I rushed back upstairs to the NICU so we could be out of there ASAP. All ready to go home!
Together at last!!
I am so grateful for all that I have learned and I will never again take for granted a healthy baby. It is so much fun having a new baby in our house. They are just so special and bring so much into our lives. Thank you for all of the prayers, love, and support! We couldn't have done it without you.
No comments:
Post a Comment