Monday, March 21, 2011

Chris had his spring break a couple weeks ago so we made sure to take advantage of his time off. I don't know what I'll do once he's done with school because he won't have 3 weeks off at Christmas, a week off for spring break, a week for Thanksgiving or any of the holidays that most people still have to work on. It is pretty awesome having so many little breaks but it will also be nice for him to have a career so I guess I'll just enjoy it while I can. To start off his break we met most of Chris' family at the Zoo. Soph was in heaven with all the different animals. She walked the whole time because she wanted to run around with her cousins. After the zoo we headed down to Moroni. Then on Tuesday Chris and I headed down further south to enjoy some time alone and hopefully find some warm sunshine! Sophie got to stay with Grandma and Grandpa and had so much fun feeding the chickens, sheep, and horses. On our way down to Mt. Carmel Junction we passed Butch Cassidy's house so we made sure to snap a pic.

Then finally we got to where there was no longer any snow!!! I am always amazed at all the beautiful scenery in Utah.
We stayed at the Thunderbird Resort that night and went golfing. It was such a fun little course. We were the only ones there so we were able to take our time and just relax. However I'm not much of a golfer so I couldn't relax too much! :)

On Wednesday we headed for Kanab. Neither of us had ever been there before and were quite impressed. It was a beautiful day and there were a ton of little tourist shops to walk through. We went for a hike after lunch then set off to find somewhere to camp that wasn't an "official" campground. We were in our little car so it took awhile to find someplace we could drive in to. We set up our tent, built a fire then settled into bed. While we were laying there we could hear coyotes howling, which they did off and on throughout the night. It was a little too cold for a tent so we were up half the night trying to get warm. The next morning we packed up and headed back to get Sophie. It's amazing how much you miss your kids when you are away for a few days! But it is totally worth it to take some time away if you can get it!

2 comments:

Hale-O There said...

sounds like a fun get away! I am dying to go south about now, the winter is really dragging out! Congrats again on the upcoming baby!

Hale-O There said...

Ellie you look super pregnant once again! I love Sophie in the glasses and your Easter thoughts. Hopefully we'll see each other this summer before you leave.

love,

Rach