Thursday, July 8, 2010

Bend, Oregon

We went to the Rawlings family reunion over the 4th up in Bend. It was so much fun to meet Chris cousins and aunts and uncles. They are an awesome family. We were lucky enough to be able to fly up there. The only bad part is all the crap you have to bring when you have a kid!! But hey I wouldn't have it any other way...The flight went very well. I was prepared for her to throw up all over me, extra shirts for both of us, but she never did. Thank heavens! While in Bend we were able to go float down the river, walk around downtown, mountian bike, play volleyball and soccer, and play a bunch of old fashioned games like 3 legged races and tug o war. We only had time to go swimming once. The days were filled with fun and good quality time with family.

The infamous SCOWL...Isn't this precious? We stayed in a gorgeous resort with this river right next to it.

One night we went out for a fancy dinner downtown to celebrate Grammie's 90th bday. It took two hours by the time we were done, but well worth it.

Sophie and Hallie were pretty good little friends. They are only 3 months apart.
We were able to see Mount Saint Helens and several other big mountians (with snow still on them) and the thick thick forest, beautiful rivers, and fields of Oregon. I'm so grateful for this beautiful Earth and the chance I have had to see some more of it!

2 comments:

Brad and Jamie said...

Your little Sophie is so darn cute! I swear her eyes can't get any bigger! How fun that you got to go to Bend, Oregon. I've heard it is such a beautiful place. As for fattening up kids (my Ellie is a bit on the skinny side) try chocolate milk or strawberry milk. Oh yeah, Twinkies will do wonders too! :)

Hale-O There said...

I love seeing new beautiful places too, sounds like a great reunion/trip. Soph is still a doll!