Friday, December 3, 2010

I figure updating my blog once a month isn't too bad...it could be worse right?? :) This way I have more to write about! November has been a little more challenging then I would have hoped. Sophie was sick with something or other for about 3 straight weeks. She started off with a cold then as soon as that was over we were able to get out of the house and she got pink eye from some grocery cart or something and THEN come to find out she was allergic to the drops. So her eyes were swollen and she was miserable for a third week in a row. It took a few days for her eyes to look normal again. Poor thing! It was nice because she was so cuddly and there is nothing sweeter than that. She also slept a lot so I knew she was getting better and I was able to get some stuff done around the house.


Sophie and Keira watching a movie together. Soph loves being around kids. So when we go to my parents house it is kid heaven for her! Which is also how she got the cold...but its worth it for her to be able to play with her cousins.
Chris has an interview at UNLV today so we drove down last night. We dropped Sophie off with Chris' mom which was so nice because it would have been a long trip for her. You could see the glow of Vegas from 100 miles away up in the sky. And as soon as we got around the mountain it was like a lake of lights. I don't know the last time I drove through at night. It was insane! We figured we'd better take a walk down the strip since Chris hadn't been here since he was like 5. I don't know if I'll ever be able to wash all the filth off. That place is so corrupt and there are so many wierd creeps! We had to check out the coca-cola factory and m&m factory before we headed home though. I now remember why I don't EVER like to go to Vegas. But on a better note, it has been so fun to get away and just spend some time with Chris! He is such an amazing person and we have so much fun together!

This is how our trip started off...so peaceful!

And this is how it ended before we dropped her off.

For those of you that know any Giblette's they have a tendency to eat with their knees up, just like Sophie is doing. We couldn't resist snapping a shot of this! Well that's all for November! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Brad and Jamie said...

What a fun little getaway for you and Chris. It's always nice to be able to do those things....and having grandma take care of the kids is even better!

Too bad about the eyes...poor thing! She's still such a cutie and getting so big!

Merry Christmas!

Our Fun Times said...

Something about your little girl reminds me so much of Millie, I just can't get over it. Oh man, I hate it when the kiddos get sick, it is so hard on everyobody...and I ABSOLUTELY have the same feelings about Vegas...YUCK!! Thanks for the update Ellie, I loved it! :)
Vevs