Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring Break


This year for spring break we were able to go down to Grover and stay in Sarah's parents cabin. It was so fun to get away and spend time with my hubby away from his school work...The weather was actually pretty nice, windy but good enough to go hiking, shooting targets, and four-wheeling. Here is Jordan and Katie Durfey and Sarah and Tyson and Chris when we were shooting at targets.

For being 6 1/2 months pregnant I was actually able to do a lot of hiking. I'm so grateful for the health to be able to. We hiked up to Rachel's Rock the first night. The next day we went over to Capitol Reef and hiked to Hickman's Bridge. This is what is looks like...we tried to climb on top but couldn't find the best way. Chris almost got stuck after a pretty big drop off...luckily Tyson could pull him back up. So maybe next time we'll be able to cross the top of it.

The last time Chris and I went down to Grover was before we were even engaged so 2 years from now. When we were down there 2 years ago we scratched our names into a rock and surprisingly it looks like it was just done!
And last but not least...the boys went out early one morning and called in a coyote and shot it.
This is a long one! I just didn't want to leave anything out.

3 comments:

Ryan and Lacey said...

I can't wait to see you next month I am so excited!! I don't go hiking cause I am so clumsy now, I would fall to my death probably but I am way jealous that you all get to hang out! I love you lots

Tiffany P. said...

wow, ok so that looks 100% like the stuff we do here in Blanding. so much fun to be outside. It's seriously good for the soul.

skyler and ashley said...

ELLIE!!! so I told brad and jamie that you need to invite me to your blog- i'm lame I know but I just wanted to be able to keep tabs on you!!! Its been forever and I'm so excited for you guys to have a baby- yay!!!!! where are you guys living by the way??? it really has been too long! we are back in morgan now so you will have to let me know next time youre in town!! So good to hear what youre up too and I'm glad you are doing well:)!